ProTek Devices has an updated data sheet for the PLR0506, an ultra low capacitance steering diode / transient voltage suppressor (TVS) array. This device is designed to protect computing application interfaces as well as telecommunications equipment and systems. The PLR0506 is available in the space-saving DFN-8 package configuration.
This device meets the IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD), 61000-4-2 (EFT) and 61000-4-4 (Surge) requirements. It also meets IEC 61000-4-5 (Lightning) requirements. At higher operating frequencies or faster edge rates, insertion loss and signal integrity are a major concern. This device, in conjunction with passive components integrated into a TVS / filter network, can be used for electromagnetic interference and radio frequency interference (EMI / RFI) protection.
It features electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection of > 25 kilovolts and a low clamping voltage. The PLR0506 protects six lines and has ultra low capacitance of 0.4pF typical (I/O to I/O). It is RoHS and REACH compliant. Ideal computing applications that can leverage the PLR0506 for protection include Gigabit Ethernet, DVI, USB and HDMI interfaces. In addition, it is well suited for high-speed data lines such as FireWire, SATA, and PCIe interfaces.
The PLR0506 is offered in a molded JEDEC DFN-8 package with an approximate weight of seven milligrams. The package consists of lead-free pure-tin plating (annealed). The solder reflow temperature is pure-tin, Sn, 100: 260-270 degrees Celsius. It is offered in 8mm tape and reel, per EIA standard 481 and has a flammability rating of UL 94V-0.
The updated data sheet is available here.
Leave a comment
- ESD Protection Solutions for High Speed Communication Ports
- ProTek Devices Adds New Series to its High Power Surface Mount Package TVS Components
- New ProTek Devices Data Sheets for TVS Devices to Provide Circuit Protection in Smartphones, Ethernet, Etc.
- ProTek Devices’ New TVS Components Provide Circuit Protection in High Power Surface Mount Package
- Automotive electronics advances usher in a greater need for circuit protection